Sunday, June 22, 2008

Super Saturday!

No, it wasn't a Relief Society event, it was just my packed Saturday! Yesterday I felt like I took a whole week of activities and smashed them into a day! So, I ran my first 5k the South Jordan Country Fest 5k. My goal was to not come in last, and I didn't by a long shot. It was so fun to run with my sister, and to yell for each other, and push ourselves. I wrote a list of 172 things I wanted to do before I died, and run a marathon was one of them, so here are my baby steps to get there. I figure that there are tons of races in Arizona, fun for me! And anyone who wants to run the freedom festival 5k is invited! We are going for 32 minute goal. D competed in the Mutton Bustin' at Country Fest, man those sheep were big, and some of them were really scary. D's sheep came out of the shoot bucking, and I almost said, "OK, never mind!" But D really wanted to do it. So he did! He did a great job! 
Z competed in the stick pony race and she won her little group of runners, so she got to keep her stick pony! It was so fun and she was one graceful little stick pony rider. 
Then we headed down to our home town with Matt and Dani for the Strawberry Days Rodeo. WOW, I love where I grew up it was so much fun. It was great to run into people from High School, and from growing up. And of course the good old strawberries and cream! YUMMY!! Oh, by the way two of our "almost" are now official, Sean was "officially" accepted to Thunderbird (GO SEAN!), and Andrew has now rolled over! 

1 comment:

Sunni said...

Zimi was the cutest little stick pony cowgirl out there! She did awesome! Those sheep were huge! Our mutton bustin' boys were soo brave (I know I was scared!), and you win the prize for being the awesome mom, 3 kids 100 degree weather, running to nurse inbetween events, you girlfriend are the rodeo queen!