Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers!

Well, I wanted to do a tribute to the men in my life, to thank them for being such wonderful fathers. My dad is my hero! I think he is amazing, kind, tender hearted, loving, and has vision (but he can still scare the snot out of people). I have a lot of great memories with my dad. One of my favorites is when I was little we took a trip to the east somewhere and it was my job to keep dad awake while everyone else slept. I think I asked my dad a million questions that night! He patiently answered them all, and stopped me before I moved on to the next million. My papa has always been so supportive of me and my dreams. He has been someone I can turn to, to answer any question from important to just wondering. I love that the priesthood was an important part of our home! Thanks Papa, I love you. I am also so grateful for a wonderful father-in-law. I remember him through out my whole life. Sometimes he would be at dance concerts, or in my ward, I would run into him at random places, I think they were just keep tabs on their future daughter-in-law ;)  He was always so excited to hear about life and how I was doing. One thing that I really admire about my father-in-law is that he taught my husband how to work! Work is an amazing vehicle in this life, both temporally and spiritually. Thanks dad, I know that my husband wasn't always easy! I also want to thank my husband for being a tremendous father to my children. He is kind, and fun, honest, loving, and a wonderful example to my children of a great father. I am grateful that he exercises his priesthood in their behalf often. I am grateful that he yearns for our children to be taught the truth and obedience at a young age. I am one of the luckiest people to be surround by such great, amazing, honest, strong fathers!

No comments: