Monday, March 2, 2009

Thankfulness


Caution: Heavy Thinking! 

Yesterday we had Stake Conference, and I was really HIT by one of the talks in particular! The speaker talked about REMEMBERING, and being THANKFUL. Ouch, two things that I don't think are my strong holds.  

First of all, I'm pregnant, so REMEMBERING in general is not so great these days! OK- just kidding, I know I said heavy thinking. 

Anyway, in my head I was combining this talk with another talk that President Eyring gave about journal keeping, and the ability that gives us to remember. And now this speakers talk about thankfulness. 

I mean it happens over and over in the Bible and Book of Mormon, the people are in need of Gods Mercy, God delivers them (and apparently they forgot to write it down in their journal because) they soon forget to be thankful start complaining (something I think all of us are guilty of, please tell me it's not only me!), and then they are back in bondage. 

I too had miracles that have happened in my life, have I recorded them all? (NO) 
Do I forget to be thankful, not only for these MIRACLES, but for the everyday things that God gives me? (YES)
Do I complain, in my head, or out loud, about THINGS in life? (YES)  
Do I remember to be TRUELY thankful for the important things? (NO)

See ouch, OUCH.... seems like I have a lot to work on! 

I guess this is me confessing and saying that I will work on REMEMBERING and being THANKFUL! 

Things I am Thankful For:
1. I am thankful for the opportunities that we have been given 
2. I am thankful for the ability I have to be a mother
3. I am thankful for a husband who loves the Lord with all of his heart! 
4. I am thankful for the Lords support and guidance we have received. 

End of Heavy Thinking

2 comments:

beckers said...

You are so smart, Amy, to be able to identify the things that you need to work on!! I'm with you...I'm so blessed, but I often forget to write it down, and then I sometimes forget that I am soooo blessed!! I definitely need to be better at the journal thing.

Randi said...

I love this! It's so important to remember to be thankful, and something I need to get way better at!