Sunday, January 4, 2009

Party! Party!


We had a great New Years Eve party at my sister Laura's house. We made a yummy "breakfast" dinner, and stuffed our faces with the yummy "pancake balls" from my sister-in-law Amy, and a great syrup from my  sister Tami (I'll post both recipes). Then we played a "fun things you don't know about me" game- it's always fun to play with people you know well! I did learn a few things! Then the real entertainment began- family skits. We all did just goofy "talents" but it was a BLAST! My brother James and his family rocked out with their amazing lip sync! 
Then it was our turn- we did a little circus act.

 Z. was amazing dancer, D. was our number man "one two skip a few ninety nine one hundred", Sean was the magician and made his kids "disappear" and his wedding ring pass thru his stomach and come out on the other side, then the final act was one of my hidden talents the "hunch back". I did threaten people with their lives if there were any pictures or cameras going. You know no evidence, so did it ever really happen? 
Then my sister Tami's family did the amazing cannon ball act! 

Christy's family did the "potty trained elephant act", poor James got peed on by the elephant! 

Angie's family did the amazing yo-yo act,  you should have seen Angie go! 


Laura's family did the someone is your legs thing, she was hilarious, a rap song going and she was far better then her teenaged kids- shake it sister! 

Last was my Mom and Dad, it was so FUNNY! We hope they didn't lose to many brain cells, for our entertainment! 
Most of all it was great to be surrounded by family, laugh until we almost peed, and love each other! I love New Years, it gives me a great opportunity to think about how I can do life better! I hope your New Years was a BLAST, and that you had an opportunity to make goals, and to be excited for the new year. 

7 comments:

Rebecca Carter said...

We adore these pictures. Harvey says it should be against the law to have that much fun!!! What a great new year's eve. That's awesome. We're so happy to share your blog.

We love you!

Rebecca Carter said...

Oh! P.S. We're really looking forward to the recipes over here - sounds so good. We had snow all day and when it's snowing it's so fun to cook and make yummy food.

Actually, we're hoping that we get snowed in tomorrow - wishful thinking around here. The sun will probably be up in the morning and it will all be melted by noon.

Bye for now!

Unknown said...

Sounds like so much fun! What a good idea.

Kim said...

It looks like your family really knows how to party! I can't wait to see the recipe for pancake balls. They sound yummy!
Your family is so adorable! Thanks for having such a contagious smile.

Tam said...

Looks like you had a blast! My family has no talent -- we'd all just sit around and say "No, its your turn". What a fun family you've got!

Jennifer said...

It looks like so much fun. How great that each family has a turn to do something. We need to do that in our family.

I LOVE the confetti picture. :)

Jennifer said...

Love the music too!