Friday, February 11, 2011

Mint Chocolate Truffles


I remember waking one Valentine's morning and feeling under my big fluffy white pillow, and there it was a small beautiful box of Kara's mint chocolate truffles. I must have been maybe 10, but that small box of truffles communicated how much LOVE my daddy had for me. All these years later, the memory still communicates those same feelings.

LOVE is amazing it motivates mankind to be at their best! Reaching beyond the laws that tie us to this earth.

I am absolutely moved by Team Hoyt (click here to watch their story). I sobbed this morning as I watched the movie on their home page. If that isn't true love and devotion I'm not sure what is! Warning: get some tissues and if you've done your make up and a some place to go, don't watch this now!

Love motivates us to have mercy and compassion on all! Here is the video of a complete stranger who throws himself into a dangerous situation to help a complete stranger, keep watching until the angle changes and you'll see the train speeding down the track. (of course he used to be a Marine, they know all about LOVE for mankind, and country.)

Jesus was the ultimate example of LOVE, and he taught us : "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself."


Whether it's a box of Kara's mint chocolate truffles, or a kind note, I hope you celebrate the people who have shaped your life, who have made sacrifices of LOVE to make your life bright. This year for me it will include a prayer to my Father in Heaven. "All, everything I understand, I understand only because I love." And may we all watch around us to LOVE our neighbors. Happy LOVE weekend!!

1 comment:

Rebecca Carter said...

Happy Valentine's Day - ah yes chocolate truffles - hugs for all!!!