Monday, January 17, 2011

Railroad Ties, Avocado Pits & Birthday Cake!


I had such a beautiful blessed childhood! I grew up in a small town and from my bedroom could see miles and miles of beautiful mountains, I saw colorful sunsets, puffs of smoke that rose from chimneys across the valley. The inside of my home was equally as beautiful, calm, peaceful and kind (except when my old brother picked on me, and all older brothers have to pick on someone).

That home holds thousands of great memories! I can't even count the times I walked up the railroad ties that framed the front stairs and slipped and fell on my behind, but I never really learned my lesson. The secret passageway to the neighbors and the countless avocado pits I planted there (none of them ever grew.... I know weird). The time my sister and I danced to "Walk Like An Egyptian" over and over again, we even made our brother call the radio station and request it again!
David celebrated his 7th birthday last week. I love his smile, I love that he enjoys life! I love that he brings so much light and happiness to my home! I hope he feels as blessed as I do. May my home be filled with the laughter of my children, the love of my marriage, the brightness that comes from faith in Christ, and the smell of fresh baked cake (can't hurt right?)


3 comments:

Bridget said...

"May my home be filled with the laughter of my children, the love of my marriage, the brightness that comes from faith in Christ, and the smell of fresh baked cake (can't hurt right?)"
Ditto! :)

Amy Peterson said...

I think I need to have a sign made! That's totally going somewhere in my house!

Josh and Emily said...

That is a seriously awesome birthday cake. I hope you guys are doing well!